Bags: Click the name of the vendor or crafted items to be taken to the purchasing information or recipe.
- Medicine Bag - Vendor bought, this fundamental alchemy tool is the container in which you combine your ingredients. Every single alchemy recipe uses a medicine bag. They are available from most alchemy vendors, especially those carrying a large selection of herbs.
- Folded Medicine Bag - This is a tailored alternative to the Medicine Bag. They are more expensive and more difficult to acquire but much easier to store between uses. The item itself is not a container and can therefore be stored in any bags that can hold small items. In order to get the usable container, you put the Folded Medicine Bag in one of your general inventory slots and right click it. This will summon a Folding Medicine Bag, a No Drop container that is functionally identical to the vendor-sold Medicine Bag. It is not No Rent. Your Folded Medicine Bag remains in your possession after you have summoned the Folding Medicine Bag. Therefore, when you are done with the summoned Folding Medicine Bag, you can delete it. Just be careful to delete the summoned Folding bag rather than the Folded bag.
- Reinforced Medicine Bag - This tailored bag is the basic tool for creating potions that have 5 or 10 charges. To use, combine either 5 or 10 single charges of the same potion into the bag. This process will never fail but will never give you any further skill. Because it never fails, anyone can use this bag, even those who are not practicing alchemists or even shamans. The Bearskin Potion Bag is a container capable of holding tiny or small items.
- Folded Reinforced Medicine Bag - A tailored alternative to the Bearskin Potion bag, this item works much like the Folded Medicine Bag. They are a little more expensive and harder to make but much easier to store between uses. The item itself is not a container and can therefore be stored in any bags that can hold small items. In order to get the usable container, you put the Folded Bearskin Potion Bag in one of your general inventory slots and right click it. This will summon a Folding Bearskin Potion Bag, a No Drop container that is functionally identical to the regular Bearskin Potion Bag. It is not No Rent. Your Folded Bearskin Potion Bag remains in your possession after you have summoned the Folding Bearskin Potion Bag. Therefore, when you are done with the summoned Folding Bearskin Potion Bag, you can delete it. Just be careful to delete the summoned Folding bag rather than the Folded bag.
Skill Modifiers: Click the name of the crafted items to be taken to the recipe. Note that these items do NOT stack with one another. When you equip more than one alchemy modifying item at a time, only the highest percentage item will affect your alchemy skill. Also note that equipping any one of these items only affects your changes of success. For the purposes of trivials, your actual skill is still what determines whether or not you can skill up off of that item and whether or not you receive a trivial message upon success. For example, if your alchemy skill is 100 and you have this item equipped, you will have the same chance of success as someone with a skill of 105. However, you will still be able to improve your skill by practicing with recipes that trivial from 101-105. Whether or not you receive a trivial message will also be determined by the trivial of the potion compared to your actual skill, and ignores the effect of the skill modifying item.
- Geerlok Alchemy Set: This item is created by gnomes via tinkering. When equipped it grants a 5% bonus to your alchemy skill.
- Alchemist Trophies: With the Prophecy of Ro expansion, the tradeskill trophies were revamped. Now, aspiring trade skill masters can obtain quests from Baublie Diggs in the West Freeport newbie area to obtain an initial trophy that is commensurate with their current skill. As combines to increase skill are continue, the trophy will evolve providing increasing bonuses to the tradeskiller's skill. Additionally, these trophies will also summon no rent bags.
- Philosopher's Stone: This item can no longer be obtained, except from other players. It adds 10% to your alchemy skill. It used to come from the Alchemist Varona in Grieg's End, but she no longer spawns.
- Umbracite Swarm Orb: This dropped item is from Vex Thal and adds a whopping 15% to your alchemy skill, as well as a whole slew of other stats. It is No Trade.
Created: 2003-05-03 07:58:02
Last Modified By: EQTC Editor Aanuvane
Last Modified on: 2010-11-27 10:40:23
© 2003-14 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.