Creation of the Practice Runes is done in the Concordance of Research (a book/container obtained through a quest) and requires no skill whatsoever. Research Skill increases are only obtained by combining pairs of runes (Azia and Beza) in your classes actual research tome (bought in most any spell casterís guildhall or obtained via a quest in Gulf of Gunthak).
Wizards: Lexicon or Sorcerer's Lexicon
Enchanters: Tome Of Endless Enchantments or Phantasmal Tome
Necromancers: Book Of Dark Bindings or Warlock's Book Of Binding
Magicians: Elemental Grimoire or Arch Magus Grimoire
- You can start skilling up in Spell Research beginning at level 16
- Spell Research is no longer a level-capped skill.
- The maximum level you can currently reach through Practice Research skill-ups is 184. After that, you will have to combine Advanced (50+ spells) Research recipes.
All Practice Runes require a Quill and a piece of Parchment, in addition to other specified components, which can be purchased at a vendor in most castersí quilds. The recipes and trivial levels are listed below:
- Practice Azia - Lapiz Lazuli, Bat Wing, Bone Chips
- Practice Beza - Turquoise, Fire Beetle Eye, Any Rusty Slashing Weapon
- Aprentice Azia - Hematite, Bixie Wing, Froglok Eye
- Apprentice Beza - Cats Eye Agate, Large Snake Rattle, Any Rusty Piercing or Bludgeoning Weapon
- Training Azia - Bloodstone, Wasp Wing, Zombie Skin
- Training Beza - Onyx, Spiderling Silk, Raw Hide Armor - Any Size (Cap, Mask, Gorget, Tunic, Shoulderpads, or Cloak)
- Journeyman Azia - Jasper, Pixie Wing, Bat Fur
- Journeyman Beza - Star Rose Quartz, Burned Out Lightstone, Raw Hide Armor - Any Size (Belt, Sleeves, Wristbands, Gloves, Leggings, or Boots)
- Study Azia - Amber, Giant Bat Wing, Giant Scarab Eye
- Study Beza - Amber, Giant Snake Fang, Ring Mail - Any Size (Coif, Visor, Neckguard, Coat, Mantle, or Cape)
- Expert Azia - Jade, Faerie Wing, Fire Drake Scales
- Expert Beza - Jade, Giant Snake Rattle, Ring Mail - Any Size (Skirt or Belt, Sleeves, Braclet, Gloves, Pants, or Boots)
- Master Azia - Pearl, Griffon Feather, Undead Froglok Tongue
- Master Beza - Pearl, Giant Fire Beetle Eye, Any Fine Steel Slashing Weapon
- Magi Azia - Topaz, Shark Skin, Brownie Parts
- Magi Beza - Topaz, Giant Toes (Hill, Fire or Frost), Any Fine Steel Piercing or Bludgeoning Weapon
Trivials for Wizard Research spells:
(as found in Graffe's Library Forum)
Level 16 Spells - Trivial at 26.
Level 20 Spells - Trivial at 46.
Level 24 Spells - Trivial at 71.
Level 29 Spells - Trivial at 96.
Level 34 Spells - Trivial at 120.
Level 39 Spells - Trivial at 140.
Level 44 Spells - Trivial at 166.
Level 49 Spells - Trivial at 184.
A listing of Trivials for Mage and Necro and Enchanter Research spells was not found in the respective forums, however the class forums and other resources do have useful spreadsheets/checklists to help you track your collection of research components.
Additional comments: as many may point out, practice runes are a lot of trouble. It may just be easier to combine ACTUAL research components for skill-ups. However, with the advent of Celestial Essence, research runes, pages and words may no longer be as easily obtainable as in the past.Itís up to the researcher to decide the best path for him/her self.
Good luck and may your skill-ups be plentiful and your failures few and far between.
Trigger-Happy High Elf Wizardess (56)
Carpe Nocturnus, Rodcet Nife
Created: 2003-05-20 12:26:14
Last Modified By: Verdandi Board Goddess
Last Modified on: 2006-07-31 07:47:02
© 2003-7 Niami Denmother.
The fine print: This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. Everquest is a trademark owned by Sony Online Entertainment, Inc. This site has no official connection with Everquest or Sony Online Entertainment. The site contains both original material and links to materials contained on other sites and we are not liable for anything published on those sites. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner or their respective owners and may not be copied or reprinted without our express written approval. Other owners of the copyright may include SOE (Sony Online Entertainment) and their copyright supersedes our own. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest(SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.