This quest requires the cooperation of all five Vah Shir classes, and requires that they have first completed their class-specific quests. It results in the creation of a weapon, and then sends you back to your guild for further questing.
A question that has been often raised is: "Can one character do all the parts to the quest themselves?" No. You must be of the proper class in order to complete the class-specific quests leading up to this quest. Additionally, non Vah Shir can multiquest the citizenship quest and loop until they have enough faction to attempt various Shar Vahl quests, but for the class-specific quests, they may only complete the one for their own character class. (The other guilds will not allow them to complete their quests.)
You'll also find several spots where details are sketchy. If you can help fill in the gaps, please post details to the message boards.
After each young Vah Shir completes their citizenship quest, their guild master starts them on a progressive set of tradeskill quests. Each class is directed toward a different tradeskill. Beastlords are assigned tailoring tasks, rogues are assigned baking tasks, shamen are given brewing tasks, warriors are set to smithing, and bards create pottery.
When each class completes all their assigned tasks, they are given a special no drop item (Rogues, Warriors and Bards recieved a no drop Hilt; Shaman recieve a no drop Shaft; Beastlords recieve a no drop claw) and sent to create their sonic wolf bane weapon (and, presumably, help those who help them to create their own weapons as well). This requires the assistance of Vah Shir from all other character classes, as each has to create an item that goes into the final weapon combine.
The final combine of hilt/claw with the other needed parts is made in a purchased Weapons Assembly Kit (sold by Arms Historian Qua). There is no skill check on the final combine, but there are skill checks for each of the class-specific combines listed below.
All the drop items are found in Hollowshade Moor. Unless noted otherwise the owlbear items drop off owlbear cubs and grapplers (not owlbears in the caves) and the sonic wolf items drop off wandering sonic wolves (not off the sonic wolves in the caves).
It appears that the combines for each of the items listed below is trivial in between 130 and 140 in the appropriate tradeskill.
- Beastlords must create toughened sinew lashings. Combine stretching dowel, owlbear tendons, sonic wolf tendons, kelp salts and fish oil soaked rags in any sewing kit to create toughened sinew lashings. Trivial for the combine is 135 tailoring. Owlbear tendons drop in Hollowshade Moor off the owlbear cubs and grapplers. Sonic wolf tendons appear to drop off any wandering sonic wolf in Hollowshade Moor. Kelp salts drop off the moor tortoises in Hollowshade Moor. Fish oil soaked rags are dropped off the grimling fisherman (and their chief), also in Hollowshade Moor.
- Rogues must bake the sonic wolf bane poison. This requires: salass moss, tortoise saliva, sonic wolf blood, poison dart felt. Mix in these items in a no drop acrylia mortar & pestle. Combine the results with a posion vial and water in an oven. The digested salass moss is dropped off owlbear cubs and grapplers in Hollowshade Moor. The sonic wolf blood can drop off any wandering sonic wolf in Hollowshade Moor. The poison dart felts are dropped off the grimling spiritists in Hollowshade Moor. Toroise saliva is dropped off moor tortoises in, yep, you guessed it, Hollowshade Moor!
- Shaman must brew a reactive sealant soak. This is done by combining blackened salt crystals, sonic wolf brain, crystalized ygri root, digested night palm, a water flask, and a ceremonial strainer (no drop) in a brew barrel. The blackened salt crystals are dropped off grimling mystics in Hollowshade Moor. Sonic wolf brain can be dropped by any wandering sonic wolf in Hollowshade Moor. Crystalized ygri root is a ground spawn near the sonic wolf caves in Hollowshade Moor. Digested night palm drops off the owlbear cubs in Hollowshade Moor.
- Warriors must smith a porous dagger or claw blade (based upon which class is receiving the final weapon). This requires bag of white sand (no drop), powdered wolf claws (no drop), sonic wolf blood (no drop), chunk of porous ore, water flask, and either a blade mold or a claw mold, depending on which item you are making. The chunk of porous ore is a ground spawn in Hollowshade Moor, reported to be "just before the bridge" in Hollowshade Moor, "left over the hill". The white sand drops off grimling fishermen and grimling mystics in Hollowshade Moor. Powered wolf claws drop off wandering sonic wolves in Hollowshade, as does the sonic wolf blood. The molds are apparently given by an NPC, and further details are needed.
- Bards mush create the ceramic sleeves using pottery. The ingredients are: ashes of dark ritual, flask of water, vial of owlbear bile, sonic wolf blood, black silt clay, sketch (NPC provided see Bard Guide) for claw or blade. Then fire with a quality firing sheet. The ashes of dark ritual drop off grimling spiritists in Hollowshade Moor. Owlbear bile is dropped off owlbear cubs and grapplers in Hollowshade. The sonic wolf blood can drop off any wandering sonic wolf in Hollowshade Moor. The black silt clay is a waters edge and possibly underwater ground spawn in Hollowshade Moor.
When you have combined the appropriate claw/hilt and the 5 other items in the Weapons Assembly Kit, you must bring the resulting weapon and your Apprentice cloak (given during your class-specific questing), to the person who gave you the quest (this varies based on class). A more printable recipe, as well as the stats of the sonic wolf bane weapons can be found here. You are then promoted to Journeyman status, given a new Journeyman's cloak and instructed to bring your cloak to Ahom Guzhin. Details on the continuation of this quest can be found here.
Created: 2003-06-10 11:31:40
Last Modified By: G
Last Modified on: 2004-06-10 08:53:16
© 2003-17 Niami Denmother.
The fine print. This is a research and information site. All of the information on this site has been gathered and submitted by the players and Niami Denmother. While we try our best to keep the information here as accurate and up to date as possible, rely upon it at your own risk. By submitting information and graphics to this site, you are granting us permission to use the materials in any way that we deem appropriate. EverQuest is a registered trademark of Sony Online Entertainment LLC. Except as is disclosed on the "about" page, this site has no official connection with EverQuest or Sony Online Entertainment LLC. All information, articles and graphics on this site are the copyright of EQ Traders Corner, its owners and/or Sony Online Entertainment LLC and may not be copied or reprinted without the express written approval of the copyright holder. This site is not meant to represent official EverQuest (SOE) policy, and we are not responsible for errors and/or omissions that occur due to changes in EverQuest trade skills or information that we recieved from the community that is in error.